James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Man drove s 2005 f250 to bank when he got back in it

Customer Question

man drove his 2005 f250 to bank when he got back in it wouldn't start -local shop replaced batt and gas pedal -when he picked it up it stopped 3 times on him and had to be jumped off-yesterday it started and gave check gauges and oil pressure was low -replaces sensor now oil pressure normal but after a few mins. reading goes low and engine rpm reads below 500. what could be the problem. the engine is a v10 triton
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, does the check engine light come on at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after awhile as engine rpms slow down
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like a fuel pressure concern. If it has to be jump started each time it could be a defective alternator as well. If the vehicle starts and runs for a short while then has to be jump started the alternator is bad.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after a few mins. rpms slow down and check gauges mess come on as oil pressure goes low then check engine comes on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Yea it sounds like your alternator is working. I would have it testing and replaced. Also please remember to rate my answer so I receive credit for assisting you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
truck doesn't have to be jumped everytime just the first time -starts up now