Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I think I've shorted out the horn set on my 2014 f250 ranch.

Customer Question
Customer: I think I've shorted...
Customer: I think I've shorted out the horn set on my 2014 f250 king ranch. The fuse is fine.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Thats pretty much it. All other electric systems work. The issue started when back window left open during a thunderstorm and horn started going off. It stopped by itself and hasnt worked since
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
1/14/2016
Ford Mechanic: Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner replied 1 year ago
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Do you have a multimeter?

Do you have voltage on the fuse?

Do you have power and ground at one of the horns?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll have to check later. If I have voltage and power and ground, what then?

Replace the horn.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If I dont have voltage and/or power and ground, then what?

Which dont you have?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
lets assume power and ground. All other systems work fine and fuse is fine.

If you got power and ground then you need a new horn. If youre missing one or the other you have to test that system.

Before we go down this theoretical road understand you will have to ask a new question if your theoretical answers dont match the actual situation. I only get paid once per question. I cant afford to do the same question 10 different ways for the one payment.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Got it - thanks

No problem. I will be standing by when you can get me some answers either way you choose to go.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician