Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2000 ford focus.The drivers door will not go

Customer Question

I have a 2000 ford focus.The drivers door will not go down,but will go up.I have replaced the switch and still does not function properly.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is the door panel removed from the drivers door or can you remove it to do some electrical testing at all with a test light or multi meter?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the door panel is removed
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,before we test anything lets try the "tap" test.Locate the one touch window relay K50 as seen in the diagram below inside your door as pictured.Tap on this relay while trying to roll the window down and see if the window then rolls down or attempts to roll down and stops again.If it does either of these then this relay needs replaced.If nothing occurs here let me know so we can continue from here with some testing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qk1sr8sknbxz5gu/k50-01-14.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete