EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

2006 Focus

Customer Question

2006 Focus
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Was there an issue with the old links rubbing on the knuckle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can see chafing on the side of the old link, RHS only

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Even if the sway bar was moving back and forth it should not move enough to rub the knuckle. Can you take a picture of the link rubbing with it installed on the vehicle and upload it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well, attaching an image to this just takes on a new level of complexity. I've attached lots of photos to emails, but never came across a requirement to put in an image URL before. I don't know what they are talking about when I click on the paperclip. The sway bar does not move laterally in the frame bushings when I pound on it to try to gain space. The link does not have any clearance from the knuckle when the wheel is turned hard to the right

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Ok. I would have to assume that something must be bent, or the link is installed incorrectly, or it may be just normal.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Have you found anything bent on your Focus? Where you able to solve this or does it seem normal? Please let me know and please rate my service. Thank you.