Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

94 Explorer brake light stays on... Please advise

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, what light(s) the exterior brake lights? or a brake light on the dash? have you done or tried anything to fix this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The brake light on dash, the ABS light is not lit. I have checked fluid which is full.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually its the opposite I just checked. ABS is the only light on.
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Have you dropped by a local parts store for free code scan? they tell you the code so I can help proceed? many possibles for the ABS light on, so step one is a free code scan at most any parts store , have you done this and what is the code stored?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Scans are only available for 96 and above to my knowledge, can this 1994 be scanned for ABS codes?
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

sorry and good point, we are all more sued to post 1996 with OBD 2 soo, yes, codes can in fact be read by scanner pre 1996 or manual, Most parts stores no longer scan pre 1996 but most of us shop still can so for the DIY? here is the link to get me the codes

Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

"used to" sorry

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** the pdf states 4WD, will that be the same for my 2WD? OK I will perform the steps and get the codes
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

yes it will, you did not send all specs so i selected one, code read is code read so you are ok,