HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

I have a 2006 Ford freestyle awd. Car worked great. Month

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Ford freestyle awd. Car worked great. Month ago changed high pressure filter for tranny. Yesterday I start car and immediately get check engine light and then wrench light. Can rev engine but transmission won't engage any gear. Turned it off, restarted, tried warming up a long time(it's cold here) and still get check engine and wrench light. Took it in and error codes are: p0701, p0811, p0868, p0871 and p0961. Ford just wants to replace tranny. Any ideas?
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Thats basically the fix at this point,half the codes want you to remove and disassemble and clean the trans, the others are mechanical faults being a CVT Transaxle. Unfortunatley its a very expensive transmission to have replaced. Nothing more you can do in this scenario with this model trans other than to replace it, to overhaul it the parts are very expensive and probably not easy to find seperately

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?