Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Have a2001 explorer Limited - came with alarm system in 2001

Customer Question
- it is going on...
Have a2001 explorer Limited - came with alarm system in 2001 - it is going on continuously and had to disconnect battery to get it to stop. Was not driving it when it started
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
1/5/2016
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 1 year ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, is this an aftermarket add on alarm system or the factory alarm system, does the door ajar light stay on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
As stated in original question - came with vehicle in 2001
And I don't know if check engine light stays on -had to Disconnect battery

Ok, im just trying to determine if its an issue with the factory system or if its an add on system. Does the alarm have its own siren under the hood that is going off or is it making the trucks horn go off? I was asking about if the door ajar light has been staying on either alarm is hooked up to the door ajar switches.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not really sure which one is going off - It is not the normal alarm sound - it is the horn constantly blowing - the head lights stay on - so I'm stuck. And prior to this occurrence - the door ajar light on dash was not coming on (except when door was open)

Ok most likely if the alarm makes different siren noises and not the regular horn going off, it has an add on aftermarket alarm system and there is a malfunction with the alarm brain. This is not unusual on an aftermarket system. If this is the case you can remove the aftermarket alarm system and restore the factory harness connections for the starter circuit under the drivers side dash. If you remove the lower dash panel under the steering column you will see an add on black module and wiring with a valet switch and motion sensor for the aftermarket system and under the hood wil be a add on alarm horn siren mounted near the firewall usually.Remove the add on alarm and it will stop going off or have it replaced with a newer system at a local accessory shop that installs stereos and alarm systems

Hello,do you need more help with this concern?

HDGENE
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans