Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY 2004 F 150 5.4 I THINK ITS THE CAM

Customer Question

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY 2004 F 150 5.4 I THINK ITS THE CAM PHASER SENSOR II I UN PLUG ONE AND THE TRUCK RAN GOOD FOR 10 MILES AND THEN IT STARTED TO MAKE NOISE AND THE GUAGES OIL PRESSURE WENT DOWN
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.

This year of truck had a problem with the cam phasers and oil pressure, there is a new cam phaser solenoid that works under lower pressure, but you should aslo check the camshaft bearing surfaces for wear and also do a oil pressure test on the engine with a mechanical gauge, the oil pressure needs to be 25 psi or more at idle with a hot engine.