Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My 1996 crown victoria's heater runs cold then hot and cold

Customer Question
then hot...
my 1996 crown victoria's heater runs cold then hot and cold then hot
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
1/5/2016
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 1 year ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** i will assist you.

Does the air change when this happens like the flaps are moving? If not, check the coolant level first to make sure it is where it needs to be. If both of these check to be normal, then replace the thermostat. The thermostat is sticking and causing the temp changes from how cold it is outside. Instead of opening partially to the need to open, it opens fully or closes fully which indicates the thermostat is bad.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,
they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Jeremy
Jeremy