Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Just looking 2000 f150. I have no heat. Blend door is ok,

Customer Question
Customer: Just looking for answers...
Customer: Just looking for answers for my 2000 f150 . I have no heat. Blend door is ok, thermostat is ok and heater core blown out. there is no hot/cold valve on this thing, water pump appears to work fine.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have no heat. Its a 5.4 V8. I was told maybe a bad intake gasket. I have exhaust pressure and gasses in the cooling system. has been like this for two years, but still running
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Not at this time, I may check back with you.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
1/4/2016
Ford Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 year ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Ok, this interruption from the exhaust gasses in the cooling system is not good and needs to be addressed. The water pump can also be a problem if the fins are deteriorated that you can't see from the outside.

Thanks, Ron

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well i'm questioning , what should I be looking at? I mean I can check water pump. The temp gauge will sometime overheat. All I do when this happens is shut off the engine for a few seconds and restart and that goes away.

It sounds to me like a restriction in the cooling system and now that I know about the exhaust gasses issue, that needs to be fixed first and foremost before trying to diagnose anything else.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor