AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

Is the "climate Control" also known as the blend door

Customer Question

Is the "climate Control" also known as the blend door actuator?
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already replaced the blend door actuator. The blend door isn't binding and i have the new one connected by the plug only to check for proper function of the actuator. It doesn't work when i switch it from hot air (which is were it is stuck currently) to cold air. What could be the issues?
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

The actuator probably isn't getting power. Have you checked for power at the connector to the blend door actuator?

In the passenger compartment fuse box, check for any bad fuses, in particular the one that I have circled in the diagram below. It is a 10A fuse for the blend door actuator.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s78u41xeye367yv/explo.jpg?dl=0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked the fuses and it's still a good fuse...what else could it be?

Did you check all the fuses? If there are no bad fuses, there may be a damaged wire or the main climate control assembly may be bad. Is your manual climate control or automatic?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't check all of the fuses. Could a different fuse cause this system not to function properly? It's manually operated. The old blend door actuator was just on and working yesterday. Switching between hold and cold was intermittent but it did work sometimes. Today i put the new one on and I can't get it to work properly.

I would definitely check all the fuses to rule that out. If the fuses are all good, check for power at the connector using a test light when attempting to change temperature.

If your unable to find the cause let me know and I will have to get some diagrams and diagnostic information to you so you can get this figured out.

This is sounding though like the control isn't doing it's job.