Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Got 2011 f-150 the cooling tank is low after a few weeks.

Customer Question
there is no fluid in...
Got 2011 f-150 the cooling tank is low after a few weeks. there is no fluid in the drivers compartment. is there a recall on the plastic tank
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
1/3/2016
Ford Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, there are no recalls on the cooling system, including the overflow/reservoir tank. There are no service bulletins on the reservoir either.

So, you or a shop, will need to use a cooling system pressure tester to pressurize the system and check for leaks at the reservoir tank as well as hoses and water pump. If none found, then the intake should be inspected for coolant in it that indicates an intake manifold gasket leak, and if ok, then a Block Test is performed to check for headgasket leak

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager