HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

My name is ***** *****, and my issue is regarding a hose on

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****, and my issue is regarding a hose on my truck.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yeah, its a tiny hose about 4 inches long, black, with small bends at each end giving it an S shape. I just replaced my radiator and now I have the hose left over and I have no idea where it goes.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes thats fine.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

Please let me know the year, make, model and engine size of your truck?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2003 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 RWD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I was just notified of your response, give me a minute to pull up the information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Is the hose from the radiator to the overflow tank installed?

Can you post a picture of the hose?

Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

How about the washer hose? Did that get put back?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its installed I will send you a picture
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

OK, attach it to this post with the paperclip icon and I will get it

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get this?
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it looks like the hose to supply fresh air to the valvecover. The other end is about halfway up the intake duct from the air filter housing to the throttle body. Was the air duct off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe thats it. I only saw one hose leading from the air duct to the engine. It was longer, skinnier and plastic, leading from the duct to just to the right of the oil cap.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

That would be the only one then, it is a tube for air rather than liquid or vacuum. Check the air intake area and see if you are missing a hose.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got nothing. Theres no other openings on the Air hose for it, and it looks like there's no holes left to connect a hose to on the intake or the radiator. I should mention that I also replaced the thermostat and water outlet and the hose my have been disconnected as a part of that process as well.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Those are on the wrong end for what I was going to suggest. The drain hose off the AC evaporator inside the vehicle? It runs out the lower firewall on the passenger side.

Is the cone shaped end of the host slit so it will clip onto metal or plastic through a hole?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is it has a ring shape cut into the cone shaped end.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

That is in the bottom of the air box for a drain? I really don't know for sure but I have had enough to know what they did with it.

Seeing as I can tell you exactly what it is I will opt out and maybe another expert can pin point it for you.

Sorry I could not help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thanks anyway
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, you removed this hose in the process of replacing the radiator? Or did you have other parts under the hood apart doin other repairs? It almost looks like it goes to the blower motor on the passenger side of the engine compartment, one end would go to the hole on the blower motor and the other to the ac box. Air would flow from the ac box back into the blower motor to keep the motor cool?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's the real money: will the absence of this hose risk breaking the truck? I ran it to see and it seemed fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No fluids leaking sputtering out or mixing, no rough idle and it would seem there's no vacuum leaks, and the heat still works. So what is this hose supposed to be doing?
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Is the hose to the blower motor connected, that what it looks like it goes to with the shaped end.No fluid leaks, no vacuum leaks, main thing should be good otherwise. Unless it goes to the air filter tube assembly to the throttle body'