A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

I have a 2009 platinum f150 that has the climate control -

Customer Question

hi Tim my name is***** have a 2009 platinum f150 that has the climate control - scream in the middle of the console about four month ago the AC unit sometimes works sometimes did not work now the heater doesn't kick on at all I don't hear it turn on I don't hear it blow it doesn't blow cold air for nothing
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

The problem is the blower motor and also the blower motor speed controller. The noise came from the blower motor seizing up and when the blower motor does this, the blower speed controller shorts out and stops all blower motor control. Both are located under the drivers side of the dash below the glove box.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would it be the blower motor even if it does not make any noise at all
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

The only part of the AC system that creates air flow through the vents in the dash is the blower motor. The blower speed controller controls the speed of the blower motor.

The blower motor can fail two ways, either makes noise and then stops working or just stops working without any noise.