Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

2011 Ford Taurus SEL AWD 3.5L with push button start was

Customer Question

2011 Ford Taurus SEL AWD 3.5L with push button start was struck by lightning and will not start. Just had new keys programmed to vehicle. The car will not crank. Has U0155 code, but nothing else.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Looking at the code info here on your model this code looks to be a fault with a loss of communication with the instrument panel cluster (the dash cluster with the gauges).This is a control unit/ecu of its own.When it fails it can cause a no start issue like this here.Most likely the lightning strike has damaged the instrument cluster internally causing the fault here and needs replaced.

I show a cost of $395 for this cluster and 1 hour labor to have replaced and programmed.It will need programmed after it is replaced in order for it to work in your vehicle.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete