Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I just bought a Ford Explorer with a avic-d2 pioneer

Customer Question

I just bought a Ford Explorer with a avic-d2 pioneer navigation system installed. I can not reprogram it and I can't shut it off. It keeps wanting to take me back to Texas and I live in Mo. Is there a way to just keep it from talking to me?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are describing is most likely with the unit and you are going to need to remove it and send it in so they can check it. In the mean time if you just want to disable it all you need to do is to unplug it.