roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

My 2007 4.2 freestar will not turn over. the battery is

Customer Question

Customer: my 2007 4.2 freestar will not turn over. the battery is charged. There is a tiny click I can hear coming from the dash. I left it overnight the first time this happened and then it started, butit did not work this time.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I can only say that lights work fine. There is this flashing message about a TPMS sensor fault, but the car has been starting fine in spite of that.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes I will wait And pay the fee.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

you need to check the starter motor to see if is getting power. you can check the voltage on the little wire on the solenoid for 12 volts with the key in the start position.

you can also try hitting the starter with a hammer while someone tries to start it as well to see if it will start

Roy

Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out??

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello Roy. It seems that the problem has to do with me not using my key lobe button to open the car. It then takes awhile to rest. So I,m going to have things checked out. thank you but your help didn't help. I also noticed the replies on my credit card info was doubled. I hope that I'm not going to be charged twice. I won't be needing your further help. Marcel.
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

I will forward this to customer service for you

your key fob should have no effect on your starting issue

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy