James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

What is the motocraft part number RKE relay box on a 1999

Customer Question

What is the motocraft part number for the RKE relay box on a 1999 F250
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, the gem module controls the power door locks and remote keyless entry. The part number I come up with is YL34-14B205-AA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not looking for the P/N for the GEM I'm looking for the part number for the relay block located behind the radio way in the back of the dash assembly
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

On your particular model it shows the relays are integrated inside the GEM module. If you want the relay box behind the radio that is part of the wiring harness itself. If that is damaged I would just wire in relay connectors or get the box out of a junk yard. Ford doesn't make this part replaceable separate from the harness.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it's part of the harness why is it connectorized and why does the wiring diagram show it as a separate assembly?, Yes I Ihave the full workshop manual set and wiring diagram from Ford in hardcopy I'm really trying to not hack this up like i've seen so many others do.I'm an EE by trade and before hacking in some relay plugs I'd gerber out a PCB with relay and harness connectors.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

The way the wire diagram shows it is that it's a separate relay box. If you go to the power window section inside the wiring diagram. You will see the windows are controlled by the gem module. If the relay connectors are damaged you can get replacement connectors and you just click them into the relay box and wire it in. The IP relay box you are looking for houses the flasher relay. I can't remember if there are others in there or not.