Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2000 Ford F-350 7.3l and noticed last night that my

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Ford F-350 7.3l and noticed last night that my brake lights at staying on even sight the truck shut off I tried moving around the brake switch on the pedal and disconnecting it and no luck tried plugg fuses for the brake switch and lights with no luck. The. I was looking and found a fuse for the brake shift interlock and pulled that and the shut off not sure where that is located or if that's the problem.
Thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Do the brake lights go off if you disconnect the electrical connector at the brake pedal position switch?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they do not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also for got to mention my sister in law parked it yesterday and said it started to roll while in park and so she set the e brake and then my wife got in it and drove it with the e brake on not sure if it was doing this before that or not it just started this yesterday tho.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Got it! Thank you for that information. Are there any trailer hook ups or after market plugs ins that would possibly affect this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a trailer plug on there but I don't believe that is it. If I pull the large 30amp fuse under the hood for the brake switch interlock they shut off I put it back in and they stay on
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Ok, would you be willing to speak on the phone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No at a doctors appointment
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Ok, no problem. When you get a chance, disconnect the wiring going to the trailer plug and see if that does the trick. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That didn't do anything I unplugged trailer wiring harness
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Ok, thanks for checking. Can you speak on the phone now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I don't have the truck now its are family vehicle we are on vacation. I ran it they a car wash it was covered in ice and snow they were still on when I got done and I reached under the dash and unplugged the solenoid on the steering column and wiggled the trailer wiring harness and ran to the store and they wet off then came back on later
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

You dont need to have the truck there for us to speak on the phone.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I figured it out. We had a box on the floor between the front seats and it was hitting the trailer brake controller slider
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

YUP! That will do it!! Glad to hear it is all fixed!