Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I feel and hear a clicking noise coming from the gas peddle

Customer Question
on 2008 f250...
I feel and hear a clicking noise coming from the gas peddle on 2008 f250
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
12/22/2015
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 2 years ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Can you better describe the clicking noise and when it happens?
Does the engine have to be running?
Does it do it when you are applying the gas pedal with your foot?
What engine does the F250 have?

When engine is running. The click on the gas peddle has a 1 second delay between clicks. The engine is a 6.4. The click even occurs when at a stop light but not as frequent. I just had a new 5" exhaust installed. This did not occur prior.

I do not work on diesel engine vehicles. I will reopen your question to the diesel experts. Thank you.

Ok
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 2 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

The exhaust shouldn't have anything to do with the pedal. It sounds like there is debris in the pedal or there is an issue with the pedal itself.

Did the shop that did the exhaust, did they climb in with heavy boots and possibly do something to the pedal? Maybe when they test drove it? If the issue didn;t occur until then and ot was a shop that did the work, I would have them repair the damage they caused for those pedals are expensive. Especially the self adjusting ones!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,
they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?

Jeremy
Jeremy