Reggie Whiddon
Reggie Whiddon,
Experience:  Lead tech at river regions auto
90546729

Want to install cruise in 2010 police interceptor
,

Customer Question

Customer: want to install cruise in 2010 police interceptor
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: there is no switch assembly on steering wheel thanks
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: call again
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 1 year ago.

Hello is this an aftermarket cruise kit you are trying to install are you wanting to install factory cruise?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
factory cruise

Good call purchase the correct multi function switch wiring should be in place and I will check believe you have to program module I will make sure

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks

Sir i have been told if the wiring is in place adding the correct multi function switch should get you going. However I am also told that with the police builds several different build options were available and that you will have to do some checking as far as your wiring goes. Take the covers off your steering column and see if you have an extra pigtail in there

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks was going to purchase a steering wheel with the cruise controls, wasn't sure if all the wheels were interchangeable and how far back I could go in model years from 2010 to still have same steering wheel fit and wiring configuration interchangeable

Honestly with ford I would be sure and get the same year model. And you should have no problem doing that

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok that's what I will doThanks for your time

ThanK you sir if you are satisfied with my help kindly give me a positive rating