EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

I have a 1995 bronco 5.8 that I have owned since new. It has

Customer Question

I have a 1995 bronco 5.8 that I have owned since new. It has never had a problem. I had the engine steam cleaned a few weeks ago. It started fine immediately after. Hover, over the next few weeks, it took longer and longer to start. Now it will not start. It turns over fine, it just won't catch. I have not checked yet to see if I get a spark.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Take the distributer cap off and dry it out with compressed air.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already checks out the distributer. It is bone dry. I drove the Bronco a number of times with no issues after the steam clean. It just got more difficult to start over the course of a few weeks & maybe a dozen starts. Now no start.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Have you checked the fuel pressure at the engine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not checked fuel pressure at the engine. I'll check that and also I had not checked for spark so I will check that too before I go any further.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Ok Sounds good. Let me know the results when you get them if you wish. Thank you.