Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Ask this question a couple of days ago Greg answer the

Customer Question

Ask this question a couple of days ago Greg answer the question 1998 Ford f150 4.6 liter automatic transmission i travel about 35 miles I come to a traffic light sit about 30 seconds engine goes dead won't restart until it cools off 30 to 45 minutes later Greg said that it was the crank position sensor replaced it yesterday truck did the same thing again today
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you havent inspected the crank sensor wiring to see if the wiring is o.k. this needs done including the electrical connection to the sensor.If this has been checked and found to be o.k. this may be an ignition module itself at fault needing replaced as this is also a common cause for this here especially on the Ford models.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you show me where the ignition module is on this 1998 Ford f150 4.6 liter
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay.

It looks like on this model it is part of the engine/transmission computer and when replaced has to be replaced as a complete computer assembly.

"The ignition control module is integrated within the powertrain control module. It is not a separately replaceable component."

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any way to troubleshoot the ignition module at the computer when the truck gets to the no start problem? ?