Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2009 focus SE with console automatic shift. soda was spilled

Customer Question

Customer: 2009 focus SE with console automatic shift. soda was spilled into the shift lever. gear indicator light was working, now it is not. Pulled top of console off so I can clean everything up.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sorry, have a cast on wrist and hit enter too soon. Can't tell if there is a replaceable light bulb, or do I have to replace the whole shift assembly? What is the best way to clean the bulb/socket and what type is it if it is replaceable?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Ford repair guides do not help much in way of the type questions your asking. I can tell you how to access the bulbs, remove the shifter if needed, and they show to be filament bulbs that can be replaced. Though i can not tell you the part number. With the lights not commanded on, alcohol and Qtips would be the best way to clean the bulb sockets.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris