Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2002 ford escape-we may have started the car with what may

Customer Question

2002 ford escape-we may have started the car with what may have been the door key only??? After that the anti theft light began blinking along with a buzzing sound. After that we used the key we normally use- the car started but wouldn't turn off. After fiddling w/ key in ingnition it finally turned off but won't start. We disconnected the battery for about 20 min. then tried again. Still no start-what the heck is going on???
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we put the battery on a quick charge- car started but now it will not turn off-
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

The theft system can only prevent the vehicle from starting if the theft light is blinking rapid while the key is in the run position. Since your concern is the vehicle not shutting off this is most likely the ignition switch faulty, and probably to blame for the intermittent no start as well. If you can do electrical diag with a digital volt meter I can help you do the required tests.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.