Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My name is ***** *****. I talked to you guys yesterday about

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I talked to you guys yesterday about replacing a starter on a 2005 ford five hundred. I replaced the starter and it still will nit start. I have since discovered that the car rolls while in park. I am sure now that my problem is related to this. any ideas?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I can hear a tickety tick when rolleing the car while in park and the car still will not start. I hear there may be a shift interlock system that might play into it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Joe Barfield replied 1 year ago.

Hello , It must not be all the way in Park......Does the shifter Feel like it has free play.? Thanks Joey

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
with the ignition key on and the brake pedal depressed, I can move the shifter thru all the gears, and the car rolls freely in any gear.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to leave for a while. can we talk later?

Sure......