Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford Expedition: I have a2003 expidition stuck on drive the

Customer Question

I have a2003 expidition stuck on drive the shifter moves but it stay in drive
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question,Dose the shiftier move smoothly or dose it feel sloppy when it moves?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It move easy but it stays in drive

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
In most cases that would mean the shift cable has either broken and or popped off either at the shifter or down at the transmission. Start with having a helper shift the shifter through the gears inside of the truck and get down underneath and take a look where it connects to the transmission on the driver side of the transmission and see if the cable is connected and moving the shift selector on the side of the transmission. See the link below for what to look at. Check this and post back with what you find and we can work from there. The first picture in the file is where it connect to the column and step #6 is the picture of where it connects to the transmission. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view the file.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Shift%20cable%20Dec%2017.pdf