Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Out back on the transmission after replacing clutch and the

Customer Question

Out back on the transmission after replacing clutch and the flywheel spins barly half way and gets stuck, what could cause this?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Is that all that is on is the flywheel? Is the clutch, bellhousing, starter, transmission on?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Are you turning the crankshaft over by hand or using the starter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To turn the fly wheel I had to take off the starter and turn it the other way it didn't turn all the way around just barly half way I put it back together it cranked a little bit and stopped again the starter works just the fly wheel is stuck, I did not remove the fly wheel just replaced the clutch
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Is the clutch and transmission installed now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I put everything back together and the flywheel is stuck
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Are you willing to remove the transmission and then see if the flywheel still sticks?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Trying to avoid doing that
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Can you have someone press down on the clutch pedal and then see if the flywheel moves all the way around?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Is the engine basically ok and nothing such as a piston hitting a valve? Why did you replace the clutch in the first place? Did the flywheel move 1 full turn while everything was off? Did it move again or did you not check with just the clutch and bellhousing on before sliding in the transmission?

How are you turning the flywheel again? From the front crankshaft bolt head or a flywheel turner tool, etc?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Also, is this a 4wd or not?