Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Been working on a 2002 Ford pickup f-150 compressed natural

Customer Question
gas vehicle replace the crankshaft...
Been working on a 2002 Ford pickup f-150 compressed natural gas vehicle replace the crankshaft sensor camshaft sensors still will not start trying to figure out the fuel filter calls for a FG 1099 and on the canister underneath the cab says element like 976 I believe that's the number on the cylinder any ideas on how to get it fired up will not it will crank but no start any help will be appreciated thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
12/16/2015
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The first thing that needs done here if this has not been done is to have a scan tool plugged into your vehicle that can communicate with all vehicles to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set will need to be diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.This may be an issue with an injection system for the fuel causing this needing replaced.If you can get the codes checked let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician