Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 2003 ford thunderbird, all of the lights lite up

Customer Question
I have a 2003 ford...
I have a 2003 ford thunderbird, all of the idiot lights lite up power steering gone speddometer goes off the letter E......... appears on dash what is going on?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
12/15/2015
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 2 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

If you are referring to the letter E in the odometer area on the display, that means the cluster itself has a failure and needs to be repaired/inspected for repair.

The only way to pull the code on it is to use the Ford IDS tool, connect to the vehicle, and connect to the cluster. I don't know of any other way to pull the code on it and see what on the cluster has failed. It could be one of the gauges or the whole cluster. Be warned, the cluster is not cheap. They are very expensive to replace, plus they need to be programmed to the vehicle which takes an hour to do (programming only that is).

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,
they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?

Jeremy
Jeremy