Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

F350:

Customer Question
HELLO...
HELLO
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
12/15/2015
Ford Mechanic: James, Ford Technician replied 2 years ago
James, Ford Technician

Hello, can you let me know what you are working on please?

2006 f350 super duty 6.0l powerstroke diesel

Are you testing the high pressure oil system using special tool303-765? When you don't have a visible leak do you mean outside of the engine?

yes and yes

Thank you. When testing for high pressure oil leak. This is an internal leak inside the engine. You want to listen under the valve covers and under the turbo for noise.

right, there was no noise no leak.

Ok are you performing the test on a hot engine? Does the vehicle not run at all or does it not restart once it's hot?

no start only crank

If you don't hear an air leak you probably have a bad IPR valve that regulates high pressure oil.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Hello, were you able to fix the concern?