Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I bought a used 2002 ford explorer but I 't know the codes

Customer Question

I bought a used 2002 ford explorer but I don't know the codes to the unlock buttons on the door
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

You have two options on getting the 5 digit code. One is in some cases there is a white sticker located on the module which is located behind the glove box and can be access by lowering the glove box and see if the sticker is still in place. See it in the diagram in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view the link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Keyless%20entry%20Mod%20Dec%2014.pdf

The other option if the sticker is missing is to return to your dealer and they can connect there scan tool to the system and retrieve the code for you. Check the module first. If its there it will be a small white sticker with the 5 digit code on it.