Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 09 focus with a code po300 random misfire I have

Customer Question
changed the plugs checked for...
I have a 09 focus with a code po300 random misfire I have changed the plugs checked for vacuum leaks and checked fuel pressure. the pressure when I first turn the key hits 60 psi and quickly drops to 50 psi then slowly continues to fall
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
12/13/2015
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Can you feel the misfires occurring?

Does it misfire at idle and while driving?

The fuel pressure spec is 55psi so there is a fuel pressure concern from pump issue if the pressure is going below this and falling.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

The engine is running rough worst at idle.

If you increase the rpm, does the fuel pressure increase?

sorry for the delay this is not my car it belongs to our youth pastor so I have to make arrangements to gain access. I retested the fuel pressure this time using an inline pressure gauge and my pressure is holding pretty steady at 60 pounds whether idling or accelerating. What would you suggest we try next?

Is there an rpm you can reach that is stops misfiring at?

Have you tried cleaning the MAF sensor and monitoring the CMP and CKP sensors for a hiccup in there reading?

The engine seems to smooth out when I'm running around 1200 rpms and above

What is the operating temp idle speed?

Thanks for your patience. My scan tool does not allow me to see any live data on either the crank or cam sensors. The operating temperature at idol after running awhile is 189 degrees.Is there any other way I can test the response on the cam and crank sensor.

A scan tool is the only way to know if the readings are good. A DVOM can check for signal presence but not if its accurate.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician