Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a88 ford ranger having trouble locating ECU its not

Customer Question

I have a88 ford ranger having trouble locating ECU its not on rt side fire wal the truck turns over won start it has spark & fuel I've replaced coil plugs dist cap rotor wires both relays to fuel inj sys low press Pmp& high press Pmp puts out 40 psi at idle loses pwr starting up hills when warm cools down & it's OK also rpm won go above 1800 rpms
Thank you its a2.9 auto 2wheel drive
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The ECU on your 1988 is located under the right hand side kick panel on the right side of the truck in the cab. See the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it. If you are sure you have spark as well as proper fuel pressure then the next things to check is check to see if you have injector pulse as well as proper compression.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/ECU%20Dec%2012.pdf