Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 92 ford bronco with 5.8 engine. i have stalling

Customer Question
i have a992 ford bronco...
i have a992 ford bronco with 5.8 engine. ihave stallin problems. with it stalling it does this 1st thing in the am. i can go approx 2-3 blobks stop at intersection.when i try to continue the engine stalla like its out of gas. i let it it set for 5-10 m minutes the engine will start again. please help me?
ron ogino 530 845n7340
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
12/9/2015
Ford Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Hi there,

I would start by removing and cleaning the IAC. This is mounted to the throttle body. You can remove it, then clean the heck out of it with carb cleaner. Clean up the throttle body where it is bolted on as well and then put it all back together. If the pintal is sticking then the truck will want to stall at idle and usually it happens at certain temps.

I am sending along a diagram to help you locate it as well.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician