sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a ford ranger 1996. and I'm having some problems. It

Customer Question

Customer: I have a ford ranger 1996. and I'm having some problems. It nstarte with a burned plastic smell. here after the speedometer wont work the wipers and washer wont work the dome light wont work and the white light that lights in the back wont work.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was told to buy a new instrument panel but I can not find one for my truck
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: when I put a new fuse for the wiper it wil blow aut as soon as I push it in
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You most likely have a wiring issue but it could potentially be an issue in the fuse box. The smell was most likely overheating wiring.

Are any fuses blowing besides the one for the wipers?

Do the wipers have to be turned on for the fuse to blow?