Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 1999 e350 passenger van with dual a/C I had to

Customer Question
Hi, I have a 1999...
Hi, I have a 1999 For E-350 passenger van with dual a/C
I had to replace the resistor for my fan control, as only the high speed was working.
Unfortunately, in the process of taking it apart, my T male connector (that slides into the resistor completely fell apart leaving me with only four wires).
I was able to get a universal T male connector from Napa (part number EC4), the the colors of the wires do not match.
The colors of the wires are = Black, Red with an Orange stripe, Light grey with a black stripe, and Orange with a black stripe.
Can you help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please call me on my phone at XXXXXXXXXX as I do not get cell reception.
12/7/2015
Ford Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 1 year ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

I attached a wire diagram for you to review for the connector

Roy

terminals are numbered but in your case, there is nothing to compare it to.

I would get a pigtail from Ford, which they make with the correct wire colors. that will ensure you have them in the correct spot. my concern is why this happened. this is a result of a problem, not the real problem.

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I believe this happened as a result of the resistor getting old, rusty, and the plastic old and brittle. Lots of feeds online about how difficult it is to remove the connector from the resistor.That said, there is three wire coils that the wires go to with black as a common ground, all things being equal, the bigger or thicker the coil, the more resistance = slower fan speed?? does that sound right?

in most cases, it comes from excessive draw from the blower motor.

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I should chance the blower motor as well once I figure out the correct wiring?The local Ford dealer sucks, I gues my best best is to find a van like mine at the junk yard, and compare the wires.

yes, that would work.

Roy

how are you making out

roy
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest