Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2003 Ford Windstar following parts replaced new

Customer Question
plugs.wires.coil pack EGR valve...
plugs.wires.coil pack EGR valve , fuel filter. Isolator bolts and new intake manifold gaskets
MAF giving proper voltage DPFE giving good voltgage, EGR vacum solenoid working
intake manifold inside EGR ports cleaned
Issue Cranks and idle good until reaching operating temperature. When idle drops below 1000 rpm the engine has a knock and slight power drop.. Engine also has lower power and does the knock when accelerating code 171 occasionally will appear
Checked vacuum leaks and could not located any ( used water first and then smoke)
Need suggestions
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The fuel pressure is 32 PSI Key on Engine off 30 psi engine running at 3200 rpm
12/6/2015
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 1 year ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting the Baro reading in the computer and your ZIP code? Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
MY Zip code is 30047 Not sure what a Baro reading is?

The Baro reading is the barometric reading in the computer. You can access this with your scanner reading live data.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not sure how to read the Baro pressure My scanner is a Actron AutoScanner about two years old

It should be under live data. It should be labled as BARO

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The BARO listing is in my instruction booklet but I can not get a reading on the scanner
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I updated my scanner with a down load from actron but still can not get a BARRO reading

Hello and sorry for the delay! Do you only have one data list that you cna choose from in your scanner?

It might be displayed in "inHG" it.

IT may say pressure. IF it stays baro, the reading should be about 30

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi ***** got delayed I also have a 2008 Mercury Sable my scanner read the Barro pressure nor problem at 29 4 I saw your note about other possible labels for the BARRO I iwll recheck.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I rechecked the Windstar with the scanner and saw not numbers under pressure or any number in the 28 to 30 range for the barometric pressure. Could the van hava a bad barro sensor?

Barometric reading is a calculated parameter put together by the computer from Various inputs. I have not seen a barrel sensor on this vehicle before. The baro reading is in there we just need to find it.

It might say pressure reading or something like that. Because after all atmospheric air does put some sort of pressure on physical objects.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I agree But for some reason I do not see anything on my scanner that looks like a barometric pressure . As I said it was the fifth read on the Mercury sable. I can check one time
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
one more time. maybe have someone with another scanner check would have to be at an auto parts store car looses power and does the knock when traveling. Closet store is about 4 miles away
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not sure if driving the van would do harm to the engine
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when the engine is running and a hand vacuum pump is attached to the ERG valve and the car starts to get low idle and knock when I apply 5 HG of vacuum TO the ERG valve the engine increase RPM and does not knock. As I mentioned earlier the knock is not constant but will knock and then run for 15 to 20 seconds and knock again

Hello! Can you send me a video?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What do you want a video of. If I can yes

This knocking sound you are talking about.

Also, send me a video of you scrolling through the live data on your scanner if you can.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok will probably tomorrow before I can but I will trty

Sounds good no problem.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician