Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Can you change out the shifter knob on a 2004 F-150 without

Customer Question
the shifter in neutral?...
Can you change out the shifter knob on a 2004 F-150 without the shifter in neutral?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
12/5/2015
Ford Mechanic: Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician replied 1 year ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician

Hello, automatic? floor shift? have you tried anything? why are you removing shifter knob, curious, thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The top piece broke off a while ago and I was told the entire piece had to be replaced. I have pulled out the front piece that enables the shifter to move from park and cannot get it to go back in to get it to neutral. I have the lower piece down from the bottom of the shifter.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
automatic.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
floor shift.

I need to opt out, I am unsure on this one, Another expert should be along soon to help

Ron, ASE Certified Technician