Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

2011 F 150 Platinum heater will work on passenger side, not

Customer Question

2011 F 150 Platinum heater will work on passenger side, not drivers side.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

When the temp output is only correct on one side of the dash, this is most commonly due to a problem with the Temp Blend Door Actuator. On this vehicle the driver's side Actuator is located on the top of the HVAC housing. To gain access, the heater core and evaporator core housing will need to be removed. Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, remove the actuator and turn the door pin by hand. If the temp does not respond, the HVAC housing will need to be removed, opened and the internal door repaired as needed. If the inspections check ok, replace the driver's side temp blend door actuator. If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating using the stars at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited. If you cannot rate or do not see the rating stars, please let me know. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate.