rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

2007 f150 125.000 miles, running rough and bogging ,missing

Customer Question

2007 f150 125.000 miles, running rough and bogging ,missing while under load dealer ran diosn. test,changed spark plugs and #1 coil with same results. was told cats were about to go out. changed cats same results. got second opinion, changed # ***** coil. same results? spoke to dealer and was advised to change fuel filter??? after spending $2000 ???
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is this another scam ???????????????????????????????????????????
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

I don't think they're trying to scam you, I think they just lacked the proper testing. First thing to do is check the fuel pressure and volume with a gauge, then check the MAF sensor for debris. They also should check for volume out the exhaust for possible blockage. Thanks, Ron