EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

Have a 2013 f150...when truck gets turned off the lights in

Customer Question

have a 2013 f150...when truck gets turned off the lights in the numbers on the dash stay on and kills battery by am,,,, one person said I have to replace shifter ...not sure that makes sense
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Ford does have this problem with its shifter assemblies. Is your truck column shift or floor shift?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Floor shift but if it wet outside truck will be dead in am anyway?
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

I do not think wetness should effect the shifter. If that is the case you may have something else going on. But the floor shift models had an issue where the shifter would not tell the cluster that it was in park and the cluster would not power down and kill the battery.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Thanks for viewing my last response. Let me know if you need more info and also rate the service provided. Thank you.