Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years experience on all makes and models, Licensed NYS Inspector.
2921078

05 ford expedition. can I install the rear window, without

Customer Question

05 ford expedition. can I install the rear window, without going to a shop. the window has defrost element, will open separate from rear tail gate. it looks it is held in place with 2 hinges and latches down by wiper motor. I hoping to find a used one.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Yes, this is something you can do if you are handy with the tools. I would remove the used one with the hinges that way you don't have the possibility of over tightening the screws on the glass side and shattering the window. The defrost element will unplug either just under the trim panel or along it.

If there is more to your question please let me know, but this is a fairly simple installation.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?