Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

Engine threw a plug my son had it replaced then replaced

Customer Question

engine threw a plug my son had it replaced then replaced again properly that time. The engine when first started runs fine then after 3 or 4 minutes it idles rough. Give it gas at a steady rev and it runs fine. OBD codes at present read in order P2195 P0171 P0203 The P2o3 I fixed it was a plug on the fuel injectors .The other 2 codes are vacuum related I gather
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

The P0171 is a vacuum leak code. The most common cause is the PCV hose on this vehicle. We see them in our shop for torn vacuum lines on the PCV all of the time. A good way to pin point it is to spray carb cleaner on the engine with it idling. If the engine revs up, there's your vacuum leak. I would start near the PCV line.

The P2195 could be related to a PCM programming issue. Ford released a service bulletin on this one requiring a PCM re-flash to correct a false trigger of this light. If it's not a programming issue it could be set by a stuck fuel pressure regulator-which would also cause the rough idle.

Where do you want to start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry my credit card has to clear my bill payment before I can use it to pay your fee.I will contact you when payment clears bank sorry for the wait
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

In the meanwhile, let me know if you need more information.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need additional information. I would love to help if you still need assistance.

Don't forget to rate. We don't get paid if we don't get a positive rating.