Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My Ford Exspedition has a leak (Transmission dip stick tube

Customer Question

My Ford Exspedition has a leak (Transmission dip stick tube ) I just paid for one at the dealer today it will be here Monday before we found the leak we had just replaced a high pressure line on the transmission and could not fine the leak at 1st we engine cleaned the engine and under the transmission, it still smoked we thought it was access fluid from high pressure line repair work " we bought nonflameable btake fluid cleaner , and cleaned around the catylic covertor now it's riding very sluggish, and cutting off when coming to a stop or putting it in reverse it starts right back up though " I'm hoping water didn't get to a component causing this"?
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know I have 2 codes I have to deal with its riding lean bank one and 2 I repair 1 vacuum leak in February this yr. I was supposed to take it back and fix the other vacuum leak under neath it was one on top and one underneath "
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris and independent contractor that helps customers here.

Low transmission oil can cause engagement issues as well as stalling when stopping from the converter clutch not getting enough fluid. You mentioned a leak, so it may be best to address that prior to diagnosing the stall and engagement concern. You mentioned lean codes, were those old codes or current codes? If its a vacuum leak causing the lean issue, you can find that with short bursts of flammable brake cleaner sprayed around all seals and gaskets and hoses. If you find a leak the rpms will change.

Thanks for letting me assist you. I hope I met all your expectations.

Please make sure to complete the required rating when ready so I am compensated by the website from the site and question fees you have already been charged. If your not able to rate my response, let me know why, so I can help more, and stay in contact with you.