Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Need to clear code P1633

Customer Question
Need to clear code P1633
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
11/28/2015
Ford Mechanic: Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner replied 2 years ago
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

I assume you dont have a scan tool... may I ask why you want to clear it rather than fix it? Its just going to come right back.

Either works for me. Need to get car registered and they won't pass it with engine light on.
No I don't have scan tool. Took to auto zone yesterday and that's the code they gave me

They wont pass it after clearing the codes either. They wont pass it with the monitor in a not ready state and when the monitor goes ready it will flag the code again.

Gotcha. Been trying to fix today. Checked fuses and unplugged pcm and plugged back in

Do you have a volt meter? If so check for voltage on fuse 22 under the hood.

No volt meter. I think I will go purchase one. Thank you

No problem. Get it and check that and let me know what you got. With a meter in hand we can get to the bottom of it.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician