Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Per. Where might that bad ground be exactly? 2004 Super Duty

Customer Question
Customer: Hi. ***** *****...
Customer: Hi. ***** *****. Per http://www.justanswer.com/ford/5b991-ford-f250-superduty-pickup-4x4-trying.html#re.v/379/ . Where might that bad ground be exactly? 2004 Superduty diesel, wiper motor ground.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2004 Superduty diesel, wiper motor ground. Where might that bad ground be exactly? In run, switching on gets tree distinct but different sounding click from the wiper motor. 40K miles. Stored inside. does get vermin attacks.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Waiting is OK. Cold as doom and dark now. Not a heated shop.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
11/27/2015
Ford Mechanic: Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner replied 1 year ago
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

I am attaching a diagram.. its on the right side of the engine compartment. On my diagram it cut off the description for some reason but you will see a ground eyelet with a bolt ran through it right between c1046 and c1247 on the diagram.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for it. THanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well Hi Wayne. Did you look over the issue? No wiper. No wiper wash pump either - but no current is getting to it. So found the G108 on that diagram. Cleaned it even though there is full continuity to the pump. Think I found G100, cleaned it, too - its behind the power steering pump reservoir. Cleaned G300. Haven't been able to find G202. Guess I'll pull the wiper motor and simply multimeter my way through it and back out the connector.

I did not. I'm in the road right now I'll be back at a computer in about an hour and will check it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
In an hour I'll be off task till sometime tomorrow. Going to pull arms, grills and module and check back out the connection. Try you tomorrow. Thanks.

Alright. Let me know when you got time to work on it and I can walk you through properly testing it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Wayne,
OK. Got the crop out of the field, Truck back into the shop. Things done -- Cleaned the grounds, at the firewall by the wiper wires going into the intake/wiper cavity, top mid drivers side fender, two on passengers fender, and one in the cab drivers footwell. Next wiper motor out. From the connector side the diagram I found on the net had three power, all hot voltage. All ground lines ground, and the control wires to the switch ground across the seven settings. Pulled the two fuses, 33 and 106 and shorted across with an ammeter. No go. Haven't found fuse"54", or the instrument cluster ground. Brother used a battery assist and picked out working motor with the same visteon part number. Still no go. Your turn. Sorry to be taking so much time. Brian
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Uh oh. Left out: "Brother used a battery assist and picked out (a) working motor with the same visteon part number (at the pull your own parts salvage yard)."
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK. Found this while waiting: http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/s420/2012-04-23_192157_04_f-350_wipers_and_washer_tests.pdf Got as far as Refer to GO to A4. Wiring Diagrams Cell 149 for component testing. Did this in lieu of the Cell 149: https://www.fordf150.net/howto/fix-intermittent-wiper-problem.php. No go. Saw a page that refers to a service bulletin on a new ground pigtail. And a page that replaced the main power wire. Update me when you can. Brian
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner