Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

Got a 200l FORD mustang. Just bougHt It The guy Said it wont

Customer Question

Got a 200l FORD mustang. Just bougHt It The guy Said it wont Start because I Neel To byPass The alarm system. Do. Just Take The chip out 0f the Key
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

On a vehicle with this year that has PATS, the simple answer is no you can not.

Now on the complex, if you can find a tuner shop that has the Ford IDS tool where they can do programming, they can change the program to where the PATS system is not needed. Otherwise, the ECM has to see it or it will not activate the fuel pump or the injectors. Ford will not bypass the system. No dealership is allowed to.

If you are not getting a start and the theft light is flashing, then the module isn't seeing the key or the proper key. You will need to have the Ford IDS connected to program the key to the vehicle.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?