Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My daughter's 05 Ford Focus park lights are not working.

Customer Question
The dash lights are. I...
My daughter's 05 Ford Focus park lights are not working. The dash lights are. I looked for a fuse but couldn't find the right one. Thanks, Derek
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
11/26/2015
Ford Mechanic: martyzs180, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
martyzs180
martyzs180, ASE Certified Technician

Hi and welcome to JA.COM, i will try to assist you with your problem, first of all can you tell me what car you have, ie, engine cc petrol or diesel, also is it the mk1 or mk 2 focus, please advise, kindest regards martin.

It is a gas engine, 2L, zx4
I checked the #30 fuse and it is ok.

Hi there, do you mean the front and rear side lights as my autodata states fuse 30 is for engine management and a 3 amp fuse, please advise, regards martin.

I am pretty sure it is #30, that is what they say on the web and when I pull out the dash lights go out and the light buzzer stops when the park lights are switched on.
I think if I had a wiring diagram that shows the circuit path from the battery through the fuses and switched to the park lights I could follow it and determine where it stops.

Hi there i am having difficulty finding your fuse, have you the engine code please regards martin.

There isn't an engine code. I could use a wiring diagram that shows the circuit path from the battery through the fuses and switched to the park lights I could follow it and determine where voltage stops.
You are not responding to my request. If you don't want a bad review I would appreciate a response.

Hi there, your reply has only just come through to me, sorry about that, i have been looking at the fuse box for your car fuse 48 20 amp in the fascia fuse box controls the daytime running lights,also relay 3 controls the same, please check this fuse, regards ***** ***** you require the fuse box fuse locations please ask.

Are the daytime running lights the same as the park lights?
Please send me a wiring diagram that shows the circuit path from the battery through the fuses and switched to the park lights I could follow it and determine where voltage stops. Please identify any fuses or relays associated with the PARK LIGHTS.
Thanks,
Please send me a wiring diagram that shows the circuit path from the battery through the fuses and switches to the park lights I could follow it and determine where voltage stops. Please identify any fuses or relays associated with the PARK LIGHTS.
I meant to type switches not switched.
Thanks,

Hi there, as i have not got the relevant wiring diagram for you i will opt out and let another expert try to help, kindest regards martin.

Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.New expert here.

You are correct fuse 30 powers the main light switch then from there the main light switch powers fuses 58 and 57.The links below are the diagrams you requested.I do apologize for any delay and any possible confusion.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/srhr1hnj05jntfu/d-12-07.gif?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tn0em620wix6sfo/di-12-07.gif?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxjox5gzcqq9a5v/dia-12-07.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician