rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My door ajar light stays on even after all the doors are

Customer Question

my door ajar light stays on even after all the doors are shut.I even lubricated all the locking mechanisms in the car
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

This light is controlled by a door light switch. the same button switch that controls the dome lights to come on when it is in the out position. To isolate which one it is, you will need to bypass them one at a time.

Thanks, Ron